Thursday, February 28, 2008

Checking In...

For those tens of you who actually read my blog, my apologies. I know, I know...I've not been posting much lately. But at least I have a good excuse. I've been neck-deep in preparations for two major bottlings: 3,000cs. of Garretson wines and 3,000cs. of my new wine label, Francis Berwyn. We begin bottling tomorrow.

Anyone who's been involved in bottling wine can tell you: bottling sucks. With the exception of harvest, bottling is (for me at least) the most-stressful time for a winemaker. It's the last chance you have to get things right...or screw things up. And once the wine is in the bottle, that's it. There's no going back.

So please excuse the dearth of postings. I've been preoccupied. Next week sees the start of a whole LOT of travel...Arizona, Chicago, Las Vegas and throughout California, ending in March with a week in Atlanta. Rest assured my travels will provide more than enough blog fodder to fill these pages...and will surely cure your insomnia.

Onward!

While you wait for my next, no doubt witty posting, go visit the fine folks at
humor-blogs.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A new wine label? When do we get to hear more about this "Francis Berwyn"?

mel hill photography said...

good luck with the bottling
Chicago dinner perhaps?
always looking for a reason to
open some good juice....

mel

xDashofPanachex said...

wow, that sounds really cool. Good luck. Maybe I'll have to get some in a couple months, when I finally turn the big 2-1.