Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sticking Together.

I guess my mind's eye is primed to look at things, um, differently. Case in point? When I am on the road, I usually log onto the internet via T-Mobile. Now I've nothing against the folks at T-Mobile per se, but I'd really like to know the thinking that went into choosing the photo on their log-in page:Now, at first glance, this photo seems innocuous enough. Two co-workers sharing a laugh, perhaps? I can't help but thinking 'nope'. Is it just me, or does it look like our T-Mobile lady is getting a little backdoor action from T-Mobile boy? I mean look at that photo! Her shoulders are bare, and her hair is tossled. If you look closely at the top of her head, her hair is pushed up a little. Has T-Boy's hand found purchase in this young lady's mane?

And look at HIM! His teeth are bared, his eyes are turning Japanese (and we all remember what THAT song was about, right?). Looks to me like he is not about to say something professional...more like, "How 'bout this huuuuugggghhhhhh!!!!!!"

And, okay, it does look like they're sharing a laugh, but I've got my doubts that it's your typical office gossip. Perhaps something funny (as in kinda embarrassingly funny) has just transpired in flagrante. An accidental release of bodily gas, perhaps?

I dunno. Every time I log onto T-Mobie and see this photo I think there's something more to the T-Mobile slogan, "stick together" than meets the eye. Just one opinion. Maybe I should just stop while I'm (er, he's?) behind.

No comments: