Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm Searchin'...I'm Searchin'...Searchin' Every Wiiiiiich Way.*

The past few months has found me - for the first time in my life - utilizing head hunting services and internet job search engines. I've completed dozens of questionnaires, emailed my resume nearly a thousand times, and have applied to over 150 corporations around the U.S. It's a full-time job look for a full-time job. Sadly, there's no money in it.

Occasionally I'll get a job lead from a headhunter which leaves me thinking "WTF? Did he even read my resume?!" One such position just came across my desk:

VP of Business Development for a Leading Provider of Outpatient Wound Care Providers.

Now, the job does pay over $120,000 per annum, but really...where in my resume would it lead an executive search agency to feel that this job is right up my alley? Of course, I already thought up a (pardon the pun) sure fire way to develop new business for this potential employer: get in my company car and circle the clinics, performing a series of drive-by shootings. Hey...they're all going to need wound care, right?

Just an idea. Maybe I could work it into my first interview with them?
____________________________________________________________________
And, if the title of today's blog doesn't sound familiar to you, then you're obviously not a Beach Music aficionado: it's from "Searchin'" by The Coasters.

No comments: