Monday, May 19, 2008

Wither The List?

Two months ago I introduced a new feature to this site...The List. The idea was that every month I would post a random list of five quotes. Each of these quotes would come from either a movie, television show or a classic work of literature. It was your job to determine the source of all five of these quotes. The first person to correctly identify all five quotes would win their choice of a Garretson Wine Company t-shirt or hat.

You see, I reasoned that since so much of the content of my blogging required no use whatsoever of your brain, the least I could do is provide one feature on this site that actually stimulated your synapses.

While our initial List was eagerly worked on by scores of readers, our current List has resulted in surprisingly few takers. That's got me wondering 'why?'. I've boiled the reasons down to three possibilities:

1.) This month's List is too difficult for most readers.
2.) The prize of a t-shirt or ball cap is not enough of an incentive.
3.) You're really only here to check in for photos of clam plate orgies, Lutefisk, and Tevaite Vernette.

If your reason for not entering our little contest this month falls under possibility #1, my apologies. Obviously, you're not spending enough time on useless trivia. If, instead, it's #2, sorry. As much as I'd love to include a bottle of my wine as part of the winnings, our friends in both Federal and State governments would have a tizzie if I gave away alcohol. Sadly, we live in a country where it's easier to transport both nuclear waste and handguns across state lines than it is a bottle of wine.

And, if it's all about #3, there's not much I can do to help you, my friend.

I welcome you to spend some time reviewing this month's List (which may be found here), and give it your best shot. This month's winner receive both a t-shirt AND a hat. I know, I know...but it's the best I can do. if you prefer, maybe I can scrounge up some depleted uranium?

Good Luck!

And good luck not busting your gut when you check out humor-blogs.com!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll play -- answers on the original post. (I like hats, and t-shirts and alcohol. I'll pass on the plutonium.)

DhiRAj SinGh said...

I wan fried clams >-@