Friday, July 4, 2008

Answers for June's LIST

Where or where did I go wrong? A few months back I added (what I thought was) a quaint little 'brain teaser' to my blog site: "The List". The idea was to provide readers each month with a seemingly random list of quotes...quotes from works of literature, from television, from movies or from musical lyrics. It would then be the job of willing, intrepid readers of this blog to correctly identify the work the quote comes from as well as who uttered them.

Simple enough? Fun? It would appear that - based upon the lack of responses for June's installment - it is neither. Pity. Well, for those of you who had been playing along, here are the correct answers for June's List:



"The Road to Hell is Paved With Good Intentions" - Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1775





"The Road to Hell is Paved With Adverbs." - Stephen King





"The Road to Hell is Paved with Un-bought Stuffed Dogs." Bill Gorton, The Sun Also Rises






"The Safest Road to Hell is the Gradual One..." - C. S. Lewis






"We're on the Highway to Hell!" - AC/DC, 1979



With the lack of entries for last month's List, I am left wondering if I should go on. I probably will, but for today I am going to give it a miss. Time to barbecue with the family and prepare for fireworks tonight.

Happy 4th of July to you and yours!

And be sure to celebrate America's funnybone by clicking here on Humor-Blogs.com.


4 comments:

Beth said...

The shame!

I love Hell!

Meg said...

Don't you mean Ernest Hemingway of The Sun Also Rises?

Oh, what the hell, whatever.

Mat Garretson said...

Well, if we wanna pick nits, Ernie Hemmingway WROTE it, but the character Bill Groton spoke it. Still one of my favorite sayings.

Anonymous said...

I miss your "The List" feature in this blog... enjoyed the diversion and the challenge in figuring out the answers (speaking of which... sorry to bring it up, Mat, but you never sent me my shirt and hat for winning at May's "List"!). I hope that you will resume posting the monthly "List" challenge at some point in the future... although it doesn't seem right for me to submit my answers anymore, since I already won once (which is why I did not attempt to tackle June's "List"). Anyway... hope you bring back this feature. I actually enjoy being forced to think...