Sunday, July 27, 2008

Help Wanted.

Seen last Friday in the men's bathroom of a restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia:


Now where I come from, that's called Agalmatophilia.

Which reminds me...it's been a while since I saw a certain 1987 Kim Cattrall/Andrew McCarthy blockbuster called Mannequin. As I recall the role of Claire Prince Timkin was played by Estelle Getty, who - as it so happens - passed away last week. You may recall that Ms. Getty also played the role of Sophia Petrillo on the television show, Golden Girls. Her character was the mother of Dorothy Petrillo Zbornak, ably played by Bea Arthur...arguably the most successful transvestite in the history of Hollywood.

Um...where was I?

Where YOU should be is at humor-blogs.com.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Bea Arthur. Single-handedly tried to bring MOO MOO's and long flowing robes to the center of the fashion world..

Mat Garretson said...

God will get you for that, Walter.

Mat Garretson said...

BUT she was ably assisted in later years by Marlon Brando, no?

Anonymous said...

Mannequin was a great film. Kim Cattrall is awesome in it. I just got her voice on my GPS from Navtones.com. I love her and thanks for reminding me of the film Mannequin, looks like i know what movie I am getting from netflix next.

Anonymous said...

Years ahead of their time no doubt

Jack Edwards said...

There was a film about sailing with Kim Cattral and Rob Lowe that may have been her best work. Can't remember the name though

Mat Garretson said...

I think you're thinking of "Masquerade", Jack.