Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Truly Smarmy Store.

As my friends and I walked to their car (after a killer lunch at their favorite Thai restaurant) we walked by a fairly nondescript Chicago convenience store. The door to this store was adorned with two signs taped to the glass, signs you will see to the left. I couldn't help but chuckle at the uppermost one.

I have to imagine that the manager of this store is a frustrated English major who thought his/her main duty in life was to piss off his customers. While our shop owner may know some high-falutin' words like 'vexing' and 'insolent', there's much they could learn about syntax and punctuation if you ask me.

I'd also imagine that if would-be customers are reading the crap this person's hanging on the entryway that commercial space next to a great Thai restaurant will soon become available.

I'd say that the store owner was being churlish and logorrheic, but that would peg me as the asshole, huh?

I invite you to indemnify your jocular exhortations impinging upon humor-blogs.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading the little letters at the bottom. Please refer to the unemployment office for your next paycheck

Anonymous said...

churlish and logorrheic..
I'm sure you could make up some lyrics to a song that would include these.

Unknown said...

Insolent? What is he, an evil doctor yelling at Superman?