Monday, December 15, 2008

Favorite Photos of 2008.

Hard to believe it, but it's nearly time to put 2008 in the archives. Where does the time go? Before we both get neck-deep in holiday festivities, I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite photos from 2008:

Here's our VIVI, taken the in late January, shortly after I brought her back from Georgia. She's since grown to nearly 60 pounds! She snores, farts and can often act like a bull in a china shop, but we love her all the same.

This is a shot of our two boys boogie boarding on Pismo Beach. When the weather permits, these two are always ready to hit the surf.

Thom and Jack again, here coloring Easter eggs. I may be a bit prejudiced, but aren't these two handome boys?

Here I am with two of my favorite people on the entire planet. That's Bob Lindquist on the left, and Daniel Ravier in the center. Bob owns Qupé Wine Cellars, while Daniel is the winemaker and General Manager of Domaine Tempier. Great guys, great wines.

Here's one of me and James Hunter...hands-down winner of the "Who's Mat's Favorite Musician of 2008?" His music (which I've talked about here) is amazing.

The onset of Fall means one thing around my house: The Return of Georgia Football! The first game I attended was in Tempe, Arizona, as UGA took on (and took apart) Arizona State. The day before the game, I hung out with Sonny Seiler and his son, Charles. The Seilers are the owners/caretakers of Georgia's beloved mascot, UGA. Here's a photo of UGA VII taken in the Seiler's hotel room. UGA just so happens to be VIVI's brother, and share UGA VI as their daddy.

Two weeks after meeting up with the team in Arizona, the family and I flew out to Athens, Georgia to take part in the UGA game versus Tennessee. My sons were invited to be the tee retrievers for the game, and the three Garretson boys watched from the sidelines as Amie watched from a Sky Box. That's Bulldog wide receiver Mohammad Massaquoi on the left, some UT defenders on the right, and me and my boys in the middle.

Here's one of the whole family shortly after the end of the game. The boys and I were able to spend some time in the locker room with the team. Both Jack and Thom felt so at ease, they didn't ask their dad to introduce them to anyone...they did it themselves. It was great watching them catch up with Matthew Stafford, Knowshon Moreno, etc., etc. This photo was on the short list of possible Christmas Card contenders. It was knocked out in favor of this one:

I've said it before...and will no doubt say it again: our two boys are drop-dead handsome! This is the photo we've sent out with our Christmas Cards.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: