Saturday, December 27, 2008

iTunes, We Have a Problem.

I love iTunes.

It's a great way to buy, store and play music. I use it in my car, my iPhone and my home wireless system. When Amie and I prepare dinner, it's customary for me to pop a cork on something friendly, pour us both a glass, and select some music for us to listen to.

I love iTunes.

Which is not to say that iTunes is not without its quirks. Take for instance the album art feature. When you play a song on your computer/iPhone, an image of the appropriate album art is supposed to appear on the screen. I say supposed to appear, because - every now and then - iTunes gets it wrong.

Last night was one such instance. As we listened to the strains 0f Nancy Wilson singing "The Christmas Waltz", my personal favorite Christmas song ever. The song was part of a compilation Amie had purchased years ago at Pottery Barn. As she and I waltzed around the dining room (this song always gets us in the mood to dance), Thom and Jack gathered around the computer and began to giggle.

At first I thought the snickers were due to our dancing...but, no, it was what appeared on the screen. It seems that iTunes has it in its mind that the Pottery Barn Christmas album looks like "Playdagroove! Miami Album 08".

Well, at least it's got the appropriate green and red Christmas colors. And, given the fear of global warming, perhaps the appropriate wardrobe.

I hate iTunes.

No comments: