Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ass. Hole.

I've been in Chicago for the last three days...am heading home today. I love Chicago. As a matter of fact, I was born here. It's a great city...incredible food scene, sports teams, great live music, world-class museums and other cultural sites, and the people here are fantastic. In fact, if I wasn't making wine for a living, Chicago would be on my short list of places to relocate.

For a city that gets so much right, there is one thing I absolutely detest about Chicago: the toilets at the O'Hare airport. Here's a photo of your typical O'Hare commode. As you can see, the seat on the toilet is about two inches wide...and when you sit on it, it feels about a half-inch wide. You nearly fall into the bowl. And, in the spirit of ensuring a sanitary seat, they have installed these automatic ass gasket providers. This clear plastic sleeve supposedly provides a clean environment to all comers. To me all it provides is a slippery slope to an already precarious spot to place my bum.

Ah, if they'd only install your run-of-the-mill toilet seat in their airport, Chicago would be altogether perfect. Until they do, when I have to do my business, I'll hold it in until I reach either the Admiral's Club or my hotel room.

One thing I can't hold in is this: humor-blogs.com rocks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That almost qualifies as a theme park ride, weeeee

Mat Garretson said...

It's not so much the "weee" of that ride, it's when you need to sit to do the other :)