Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring Fever!

Ah, yes. Spring is in the air, and this boy's mind turns to...football. I used to welcome Springtime as it brought me baseball, and that meant Braves' games. But, with the strikes, the rampant use of HGH, and the fact that the Braves ain't the same team they used to be, I can't say that I get all too excited about professional baseball.

College football is another matter entirely. Especially Georgia football.

The University of Georgia Bulldogs began its final week of spring drills yesterday, and things are looking good. Damn good. This Saturday, my Bulldogs will play their annual "G-Day" game 'tween the hedges. 19 of Georgia's 21 starters - including QB Matt Stafford and RB Knowshon Moreno - are back this year. UGA finished the 2007 season ranked number two in the nation. We'll start the season either one or two. There's a LOT of anticipation amongst the Bulldog Nation that this may be the year. I wouldn't bet against them.

I don't know about you, but I'm counting down the days. Only 152 more days until Georgia plays its first real game of the 2008 season!

And while you're waiting for kickoff, log onto humor-blogs.com for a chuckle or two.

No comments: