Friday, April 25, 2008

My Newest, Bestest Friend.

Flying home from Chicago yesterday I happened to sit next to another celebrity (check out here and here). This latest installment of "Interesting People I Fly With" was none other than Mr. T.

T was looking his typical bad ass self. He was sportin' an American flag do-rag and shades. T wisely decided to forego the bling that is his trademark. Far less hassle with those wonks who work TSA.

Now usually I would have asked if he'd mind me taking a photo, but the dude looked tired. That plus I didn't want to take the chance that he'd open a can of whoopus on me. So, all you're getting is this stock photo, and my promise that this really did happen.

In honor being in his presence I drank bloody mary mix throughout the entire flight. Spicy bloody mary mix. Mr. & Mrs. T Spicy Bloody Mary Mix. I thought it was funny, although T didn't seem to get the ironic humor of my beverage selection. I pity that fool.

And speaking of humor, please do check out humor-blogs.com.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are racking up quite a score of celebs on these flights.

He didn't happen to say "I pity" anything did he?

Anonymous said...

Wow, so thats what first class means. Flying with the beautiful people...

mel hill photography said...

guess you did not ask him about the trees he cut down in Lake Forest!

Mat Garretson said...

No "pity", Mark. The T was tired...and he was lookin' old.

Beautiful? Mr. T?

Don't know about the trees, Mel...what's up with that?

mel hill photography said...

here is a quote from Mr T. about the trees


"MT: Yeah, I'm working on my second book. The first book was called Mr. T: The Man With The Gold. This book I'm working on now is called There Goes The Neighborhood. Back in 1986, I bought a mansion in Lake Forest, Illinois, and then I cut down my trees and the neighbors got mad. How dare my neighbors get mad about my property? But the issue wasn't the trees, as if they don't cut down trees; the issue was that I was the only black man moving to a town of about 15,000 people. Stuffy people. Some of them were rich, some of them barely scraping. Actually, the really rich people didn't even say nothing. The people that got little houses, their house ain't bigger than my garage. So I'm sort of the black version of the Beverly Hillbillies. My driveway's about a block and a half long, most unusual for a black man to have. I bought that house for my mother."