Friday, January 23, 2009

A Bad Idea From Bake-o.

Amie and I were driving around in the rain and drizzle today. While we were at a stoplight I noticed a license plate frame on the truck in front of me. It read, "Three Way - Bakersfield". I pointed it out to Amie, and mentioned, "That must be what they do for fun out in Bakersfield". Turns out it's the name of a dealership.

Now, anytime I've gone near a car dealership, I knew I was going to get screwed. But do they have to make that fact so blatant? And, does it have to include a third party?

Talk about your unfortunate branding. Who in the company thought this name was a good idea? As I'm always wearing my sales/marketing hat, it immediately got me thinking of a whole sales pitch:

"Three-Way: Where We Don't Leave Out the Middle Man."

- or -

"Three-Way: Where YOU'RE the Middle Man!"

I think this pitch has got legs. At least six of them...

No comments: