Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Fathers of Invention.

So there I was, driving in my car yesterday, listing to my XM satellite radio. When the occasional commercial comes on, I usually surf to another station, or just tune myself out of the noise. I was doing the later when my subconscious picked up on the tone of one commercial. Perhaps it was the background music, maybe the voice. Naw...it was the content.

The commercial featured a distraught young woman who was trying to determine who her father was. Turns out that the fine folks behind this commercial - Identigene - had just the answer...in an in-home DNA testing kit that could solve the young lady's dilemma, and determine her paternity.

First we had the in-home pregnancy test. By peeing on a stick, women could instantly find out if they were going to be visited by the stork. Now medical science has gone one better! For only $30 you can pop into the store and buy a kit that contains three swabs...one for you, one for your mom and one for the alleged daddy. Simply obtain mouth cultures with the swabs (how I'd love to be a fly on the wall watching that), have all concerned sign the consent forms (provided), and send it back to their lab...oh, and with a check for $120 for processing.

Thank you, Identigene!

And you bet the folks at Identigene back up their product. Well, they will. Just cough up another $250 more if you want them to stand behind their product in cases of child support, divorce, and the like.

Don't you just love technology?

And don't you just get a chuckle out of the knuckleheads at humor-blogs.com?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was there a particular channel on XM, this ad was on? I'm missing all the fun.

fav.or.it said...

Sure would like to see the Alice Tiffin/ Eliza Presley ,self proclaimed half sister of Elvis", "Vernon Presley is my father" debacle settled in this manner. Or, is it just a pis**ng contest?
Wonder if Vernon, after having been dead for 30 some odd years, would be willing to give a statement or at least some DNA? Whaddauthink?
Reeks of fraud and Elvis Gold to me!

sent from: fav.or.it