Friday, November 21, 2008

You've Got Mail!

Economic prognosticators have been all over cable TV lately, each trying to describe (in exceedingly boring detail, I might add) the how's and why's of our current economic doldrums. Each points to their own indicators of doom...from the ever-falling Dow Jones' Industrial Average, to cost of gas, to the length of skirt hemlines.

As if we needed yet another indicator that the economy is in the crapper, I've got my own. All you need do is check out your computer's mail box to realize that our economy sucks. Every day my inbox is stuffed with notices of sales, special offers and once-in-a-lifetime deals from all manner of retailers. I estimate I spend at least 20 minutes each day responding to these emails...all asking to be unsubscribed from future emails. I know, 20 minutes may not seem like a long time, but I've got college football to watch!

Here's my prognostication: 4th Quarter is gonna be a stinker. Think the Titanic, but without the band. And you know what that means? More store closures in January...or at least an avalanche of spammed email offers for me.

Have a great weekend!

Humor-blogs.com tastes a whole lot better than Spam.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spam..MMMMMMM

Mat Garretson said...

Yes! And who wouldn't love a can of processed pork shoulder and ham in their Christmas stocking?

Just don't get it too close to the fire...they can explode!

Anonymous said...

You will know that things are really tough when retailers start to Spam your Blog.

Mat Garretson said...

In the words of our heroic (horroric?) president, "Bring 'em on".