Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Reverse Personification.

I sit here this morning remembering one of the worst television shows ever foisted upon America. Of course I'm talking about ABC's moronic 70s sit-com, My Mother the Car. Every one involved with it should be ashamed. Well, perhaps not Jerry Van Dyke. He's used to portraying a moron.

And just why am I thinking of My Mother the Car? Because I've happened upon a great sequel to this forgotten stinker: My Dog the Alarm Clock.

The nights here in San Luis Obispo have gotten chilly. It's almost like Fall in the Southeast. The skies are bright and clear, but there's a definate crisp, coolness. I say it's almost like Fall in the Southeast, because - as we all know - California doesn't have the smell of burning leaves, nor the Fall foliage colors. That, and - oh, yes - it doesn't have great college football.

With evenings being as cold as they've been, we've allowed our dog, VIVI, to sleep in our bedroom, as opposed to her usual nighttime haunt, the laundry room. She's really enjoyed the company...not to mention the carpeted floors. Unfortuantely, though, VIVI seems to think it perfectly normal to wake up a good hour before Amie and I rise and shine.

All would be fine if she allowed us our slumber. But, no, she sees fit to pull herself up towards our bed, place her face directly in front of me, and start a series of muffled barks. At least she tries to be quiet with her plaintive behavior...after all, she wouldn't want to wake up the kids.

So it is that I have found myself with an extra hour every morning. It gives me ample opportunity to read the paper, put on coffee, and think about some lousy sitcom that's over 30 years old.

My Dog the Alarm Clock.

Oh, by the way...Obama won!

Now if you would, please go check out humor-blogs.com.

No comments: